After a detailed look at the pictures, it was determined that the spinning wheel would take upwards of $200 to "fix" and then there still wouldn't be a guarantee it would spin correctly! I decided I'd save the money and put it towards a new model. I hope to pick up roving and a drop spindle this week and dabble with that.
The second sock has been quite a "problem child"! While giving my MIL her second lesson in knitting, I realized I'd dropped a stitch at about the time I divided for the heel. I had turned the heel and picked up stitches and was working on the gusset. I tried to drop a stitch on my needle and work down to it, but there had been too many changes in the knitting pattern so I had no choice but to frog 40 +/- rows!
Turning of the heel then caused me great difficulty for what ever reason; knit three frog two! Eventually, I got it done and am now have about 3 or 4 inches before I decrease for the toe.
With family here, I am not getting as much knitting done either, nor spending as much time listing completed projects for my etsy store.