Sunday, May 25, 2008

Those Darn Frogs!

After a detailed look at the pictures, it was determined that the spinning wheel would take upwards of $200 to "fix" and then there still wouldn't be a guarantee it would spin correctly! I decided I'd save the money and put it towards a new model. I hope to pick up roving and a drop spindle this week and dabble with that.

The second sock has been quite a "problem child"! While giving my MIL her second lesson in knitting, I realized I'd dropped a stitch at about the time I divided for the heel. I had turned the heel and picked up stitches and was working on the gusset. I tried to drop a stitch on my needle and work down to it, but there had been too many changes in the knitting pattern so I had no choice but to frog 40 +/- rows!

Turning of the heel then caused me great difficulty for what ever reason; knit three frog two! Eventually, I got it done and am now have about 3 or 4 inches before I decrease for the toe.

With family here, I am not getting as much knitting done either, nor spending as much time listing completed projects for my etsy store.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

Ouch! That hurts to frog that much. You are in good company, though. Must have been the week end for frogging. I realized last evening that I had also dropped a stitch while knitting my sock at the kid's tournament. I tried to get it back, but I knit too tight and it was proving impossible. So frog it was also.