Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snow

I know others in our country have already gotten snow. Growing up in Alaska, I don't recall any Halloweens without snow, and a lot of it!

I guess I've become a sissy, Halloween is 6 short days away, and I don't want snow just yet! I remember trick-or-treating with snow over our boots; could never figure out why we put on costumes only to cover them up with winter coats, hats, mittens and the like!
The weather forecast Saturday was that it would turn cold with a chance of snow by Sunday. So, Hubby and I spent Saturday trying to finish all the chores that need to be done before winter hits and the snow flies. Heated water buckets were brought out, summer lawn furniture was put away for the year, and the last of the summer manure was hauled away to help a friend's garden flourish next year.

Snow started to fall this evening. It was pretty cold and wet doing evening barn chores.
It was nice to sit down and knit this evening. I feel like I've been working on the for ever. Considering the fact I haven't had much time to knit in the evenings, they are progressing at a nice clip. This evening I began working on the heel flap.
I was able to knit some on the River Rapid socks, over the past few weeks and am working on decreasing the gusset.
Hubby's socks will be my sixth pair of socks in six months and will keep me on track. I might go back to the River Rapid socks before I start the Candy Cane lace socks.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

We just make sure that halloween customs are big enough to fit OVER the snow suits. :) We got Katie an devil's costume this year that is actually an adult's plus size. Although, it looks like we are going to have a nice day on Friday with a high of 11 celcius.