Sunday, November 9, 2008

Difficult Weeks

The past several weeks, have been very difficult for my family.

In the early morning hours of November 5, 2008, my step-dad lost his battle with Pulmonary Fibrosis. His death happened only a few short hours after my mom had returned home from the hospital after having open heart surgery.

The ensuing days have been rather bumpy. The stress of trying to arrange a funeral so soon after a major surgery has proven to be just too much for my mother. She's doing well now, but all plans for a memorial have been put on hold until after she has had a chance to recover and heal.

Please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers that she is able to have an easy and complete recovery, and is able to have comfort during her grieving process. Although I lost a man who's been more of a father to me than my own father, please also keep his children in your thoughts and prayers too as they deal with the death of their dad.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

My deepest sympathies, Rhonda. You and your family will be in my prayers as you go through this very difficult time.