Saturday, November 1, 2008

Guilt Free Knitting, or KIP

This morning, bright and early, I took my car in to have the snow tires put on. Hubby was stressing about how we'd get the car down there, and then pick it up. I told him no problem, I'd make it for early Saturday, sit in their waiting room and knit. So, that was what I was up to this morning. KIP in the waiting room of the tire store.

All that is left on Hubby's boot socks is the toe decrease. I want him to try them on one last time before I begin the decrease, so, until he comes home later today, they are as far as I can go on them. This is the same pattern I did the famous "Merlot socks" -- I chose to not do the contrasting yarn. I knit both of our pairs of socks out of 100% superwash merino wool which I dyed myself.

It took me only 30 or so minutes to get to where I wanted to stop on his socks, so I pulled out my River Rapids socks (which I almost didn't bring) and worked on them for the remainder of my time in the waiting room.

As I pulled out of the parking lot I realized how enjoyable that wait was. One hour of knitting, guilt free. I was able to sit and knit, without thinking "I really should be doing _______ . (Fill in the blank with any number of things I should be doing: laundry, scrubbing bathrooms, barn chores, vacuuming/mopping the floors, etc.)

And now, what am I doing? Typing on my blog when I should be working on my weekend chore list!

No comments: