Saturday, January 8, 2011

Alaska - Where Dreams Come True!


Well, here I am, in Wasilla, Alaska, almost settled in!

My brother and I have purchased a small Piper Tri-Pacer plane. I am hopeful this will help speed my dream to get my pilot's license faster. My goal is to be flying solo before the end of summer. Right now, I am waiting for it to warm up a bit, and for the sun to set a little later than 4 pm.

Shortly after moving here I was asked to create necklace/earring sets for a local lodge that is a hot tourist spot. I decided to take her up on it, but wanted to settle in first (and I had to have my beads shipped from Minnesota to Alaska) and then I would start my etsy store back up, and start making items for the lodge. I want to be able to use Made in Alaska labels and such for the lodge, that requires a business license before I can apply to use the labels/logos.

I have been busy knitting socks, and have two pairs going right now. They are Christmas presents; saddly for the Christmas 2010.

I have also been spinning. That is something that is a big time sucker for me. My wheel is at my mom's right now, thinking that if it were there, I'd be more inclined to knit.

Oh well, the best laid plans! I got an order of three different fibers in the mail today, it was so hard for me to drive home and not head to my mom's! Knit, girl, knit!

Knit on!

No comments: