Tuesday, July 12, 2011

and I am off....


Every year, my family goes dip-netting for salmon the the Kasilof. Last year, I was only able to watch as I wasn't yet an "Alaskan Resident" but now I am a "real Alaskan"!

We will head out tomorrow. My house will be able to get 45 salmon -- that scares me. What does one do with 45 salmon? The boyfriend (BF) heads off to his job on the North Slope tomorrow and will be gone for 3 weeks.

That leaves me to deal with whatever fish we manage to get -- gulp!!!

Needless to say, the Tour de Fleece spinning will be put on hold until our return (I think we have this weeknd off for a rest anyway, maybe).





So far, I have gotten three skeins completed, and have one on the wheel.


FAR LEFT: The blue is 50/50 silk and merino 4 oz. three ply. Didn't get as much as I would have liked, but I am very happy with the way the yarn turned out. 282 yards


MIDDLE: all sparkly and neon pink and neon green, mixed with black--"Hot Nights". Two ply; about 110 yards.


FAR RIGHT: "Chocolate Dipped" deep browns with richt pinks and sparlkes - single ply - 270 yards.

My spinning will stay home, my knitting will come with.

No comments: