Monday, April 30, 2012


The last ten days have been crazy busy. 

Vet found lice on our horses so we have been busy treating them with weekly wormer and spray, daily grooming, and a huge spring clean up at the barn.  She said it's been a rough winter and there is an outbreak of lice in the area! 

All grooming supplies had to be cleaned as well as any tack used on the horse.  I am tried of the smell of bleach and insect spray!  But this weekend I found no lice on my horse!  Two weeks down, four more to go!

In little snippets of time, 10 minutes here, 20 mintues there, I finished the shawlette -- I don't like it.  I love the pattern, but it is too small to be of any real use.  I am thinking I will rip it out and make a cowel or smoke-ring out of it.  I enjoyed the pattern, it just isn't big enough.  I have not cut the small bit of yarn off the end, might knit from the shawlete instead of frogging it and making a new ball.

I did enjoy the pattern, but just not enough yarn -- and I think the yarn may be a little to thick for this pattern.  I have been eyeing other yarn I have on hand to make this pattern, but I am trying to get all my WIP off the sticks.....    But, alas, my first "shawl" is done!

No comments: