Thursday, May 17, 2012

Helix Scarf

I purchased a three month installment of "Batt of the Month Club" from Little Monkey Stitch and Spin and loved the first batt that arrived.


It spun up very pretty, with lots of sparkle and I could see it becoming a shawl, or wrap.  After spinning/plying I got just over 200 yards, so it left me in search of a pattern that I could end when I ran out of yarn.



First I started this shawlette pattern, but it just didn't do it for me.




Then I knit it into the Birch Leaf Shawl, which I thought was perfect as it was bottom up and I could knit until I ran out of yarn.  Loved the pattern, but it just didn't get big enough nor was it a good match for the yarn.  I wasn't happy with it, but left it, until I came up with something else.

And then......


When I dug out my pattern for my Every Way Wrap from my pattern binder,  there was a pattern for the Helix Scarf I had gotten out of one of my spinning magazines when I first started spinning.


I am enjoying the pattern, pretty easy, and it looks like a great match for this hand spun yarn!  It is a great break from the complex pattern of the Every Way Wrap - nice mindless knitting!

I am knitting it straight from the Birch Leaf Shawl - it is driving my mom nuts to see that shawl being unraveled as I knit the scarf!

May 31 -- The Helix Scarf is completed!!!!!

No comments: