Sunday, June 17, 2012

Life in God's Country

Today I am dog sitting. Three very lovely dogs, on a beautiful lake in Minnesota (AKA: God's Country). My first week in Minnesota was a bit of a whirl-wind while I played tourist with my boyfriend showing him the sites and introducing him to my Minnesota friends. The second week has been a bit of emotional roller coaster as I cleaned out my storage unit and set up for a rummage sale to get rid of all that I didn't want. The only problem is that I want to keep a lot of my stuff. But in the end, it is all stuff and, for the most part, I got rid of a lot of it. Between the pre-sale when my friend kept sending her friends up to shop during a very rainy day, and the first day of the sale, I have an extra $400 in my pocket. The second day was a bust, with an additional $2.50 (which is why I HATE garage/rummage sales). I closed the sale 2 hours early, spent the time with friends and horses before coming home and dog-sitting. This morning, the sun is up, the dogs have been fed, watered and taken a couple trips outside to do their business, and me? I think I'll enjoy a second (third, fourth) cup of coffee, get some laundry done, and enjoy that which God has created in this beautiful country -- sun, breeze, and knitting! Life is good in God's Country! (pictures to come, when I figure out how to get them off my ipad)

No comments: