Friday, June 29, 2012

Quick Knit

"Off the Craftroom Floor" Shoulder Bag

WOW!  I don't recall ever knitting something so fast!  Started it at my weekly knitting group last night, and finsihed it this morning (and now I'm right on schedule for my 12 in 2012 goal!).

A while ago I was gifted a fiber batt.  A big puffy white batt that looked almost like a bunch of dirty fiber-fill!  As I spun it, I found what one might sweep off the craftroom floor.

It turned out to be a fun and funky art yarn, but man, it was dirty.  Lanolin was high (my hands are very soft and smooth after knitting the bag), as well as thread, sequence on string, fabric, VM, Easter grass, etc.  Wasn't something I'd want to have close to my skin, but a quick knit, a cute bag, and I am loving it!  Not sure if I'll keep it myself, gift it, or put it in my shop.

I need to sew a liner, find a way cool button and do odds and ends, BUT the knitting is complete!

No comments: