Friday, October 12, 2012

Home Buying

The day I have to go through this home purchase again will be too soon, no matter how far away into the future it is!

Both homes were supposed to have had their appraisals yesterday, which means the closing dates can be set (or so I've been told).

I have used knitting to relieve the stress, but last night, I used sleep.  Came home from work bone tired; even too tired to knit!  I felt it was too early to crawl in bed, so took out the contacts, put on my pj's and brought the pillows out so I could lay on the couch to "watch TV."  I watched the inside of my eyelids and after 3 hours sleeping on the couch I moved to bed.  I was afraid that, falling asleep a little after 6pm would leave me wide awake at 2 am, but that didn't happen and I slept all night.

Need to post pictures.  I am knitting Dennis another pair of 100% merino wool, super wash, worsted weight socks -- he loves them, he said they keep his feet just the right temperature!  For some reason, the three skeins of yarn are not enough, despite following the same pattern.  His next socks will be knit toe up, so I can knit until I run out of yarn, instead of placing yet another yarn order with KnitPicks!

I am also knitting a pair of socks for myself out of the book Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.  Am liking the garter stitch along the heel flap -- makes a nice join with the pick up for the gusset.

No comments: