Saturday, October 20, 2012

On the sticks--WIP


Background - Every Way Wrap
Clock wise from top -- boot socks, garter rib socks, birch leave shawl.

It has been over three months since I shared my WIP.  School started back in the middle of August, and, well, work has a way of cutting into my knitting!  If only I could be independently wealthy!  I have been good at sharing FO's but not so much with new projects, or the progress on old ones.

I ripped out the yellow mock turtle neck, finished the basic cowl, Jenny socks, and purse (which is still waiting for a lining), as well as started and finished gray Boot Socks for Dennis

The Every Way Wrap has been neglected, as well as the Birch Leaf Shawl.  I have been dividing my time with socks.

Dennis LOVES his gray Boot Socks, so I started another pair of socks for him in green.  I have also been working on a pair of socks from Sensational Knitted Socks book, Garter Rib socks. 


Garter Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks
knit from Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet, color 11
I am loving the combination of the yarn and the pattern.  The Pattern has a garter stitch along the heel flap that makes a great transition for the gusset pick up.

I completed gusset decreases on both pairs of socks, so I really am on the home stretch to the toes.

Today is a knit2gether at a fellow JitterKnitter who is also a member of FiberHounds.  I really need to get off the computer and get some work done.  Thursday and Friday are Parent/Teacher conferences so I have to get Special Education Progress Reports done on all my students.

Knit-on!

No comments: