Thursday, April 25, 2013

Forced Relaxation - Celtic Visions Bracelet

I am a migraine sufferer; have been since I was 12 years old.  I remember the doctor telling my mom that the "good news" was that, generally, people who start having migraines as a child tend to have milder versions as an adult.  He was spot on.

As a teen I got what I call "grand mall migraines". Blind spots; auras; nausea & vomiting; sensitivity of sounds, smells, light; and an excruciating headache!  As I have gotten older, they have gotten more tolerable, sometimes I can do live while dealing with a migraine, but most of the time, they sideline me, especially when my migraine medication doesn't work.

One of my many triggers is the let down after stress.

Interviewing has been exhausting and stressful.  In all honesty, there was really only one of the five that I really wanted, and when I got the rejection call for that position, it hit me hard.

So, this morning, as I was about to walk out the door for work, the migraine, although a not totally expected, it wasn't a surprise.

It was one of my "baby migraines," bad enough that I couldn't leave the house, have taken naps, but not knock me out to sleep for many hours.

It has been forced relaxation and between my naps I played with my new pretties.

This is where the fall down the Rabbit Hole began: I had fallen in love with this bracelet (which I bought!):


One thing lead to another and I ended up at the Blue Buddha Boutique website and decided I wanted to try chainmailling and ordered some starter kits.  One of them was the Easy Pack, which came with instructions and all the supplies to make the Celtic Visions Bracelet.


First you have to open and close certain jump rings, then the fun begins!
 
Start hooking the links together.
 
At first, it can be a mess.


And then you add a certain ring in a certain way and your item begins to take shape!

After a couple hours opening and closing rings.
 
I ended up with this:
 
 
And here she is all done!

No comments: