Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Alaskan Women.....

Getting ready for bed the other night and my husband starts laughing, then says, "Honey, most women have pefume and prettys on their dresser.  Alaskan women have bug spray!"

Yep, there it is.  Not one bottle of perfume, but a can of Off!"

By the way, if you are planning a trip to Alaska anytime soon, bring your own bug spray.  We seem to be having a bad year for mosquitoes and last time I was at the store, there was not one bottle of mosquito spray to be had!





2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

Just found your blog and really enjoy it! Love all the moose pictures. However, I was terrified of hitting one a few years ago when I was driving up the western coast of Newfoundland!

FiberJewels said...

Thanks for the visit, hope you come back often!

Moose can do some major damage to an automobile.

Last spring my boyfriend (now husband) and I got chased off a trail when we got between a momma and her yearling calf! I would NEVER have gotten this close to a momma and calf had it not been for the safety of our deck!