Friday, August 2, 2013

Non-scale Victory

I guess before I share my non-scale victory, I should fill you in on my doctor's appointment.

Yes, I do need a hysterectomy.  I will get it in September and could be off work for up to 8 weeks.  My doctor was surprised the fibroids hadn't been caught last year at my annual.

So, today, I was at the barn filling in one of the other volunteers on what I had learned at my doctor's appointment when one of the barn workers came up and joined us.

I briefly shared why I had to have a hysterectomy, and that my uterus was enlarged to the size of a 5 month pregnancy. 

She said "OH!  Well now that all makes sense!  You are very physically fit everywhere except your belly and I just couldn't figure it out!  I didn't think you were pregnant, but I wasn't going to ask!"

Yay!  Despite my tummy being 3 sizes larger than my hips, I still look physically fit!

Now if I could eat more than 1/2 a cup of food with out feeling full.  It wouldn't be bad if I felt satisfied, I just feel hungry and stuffed!  

No comments: