Saturday, September 7, 2013

This Weekend.....

School started three weeks ago and every weekend my husband and I have raced off in  the RV and I've done nothing school related on weekends, nor have we done any chores around the house.

This weekend?

This weekend is my last weekend before surgery.

This weekend we are working.

Our bedroom and bath is upstairs and my husband and mom have decided I will not be doing stairs after surgery.  I roll my eyes and pretend that I think they are both crazy, while secretly happy we are getting the downstairs bedroom, with attached bath, ready for us to use during my recovery.

We had a BAM! earthquake in June.  They are one big huge shake that leaves you first wondering what big huge heavy object was dropped somewhere in the house before you realize it was an earthquake.  That earthquake popped a mirror off the wall in the bathroom attached to the downstairs bedroom.


Nothing in this house is easy to fix.  We can't find a mirror of the same size.  The next size mirror is too big, unless we move the lights above the sink.  This means the bathroom needs to be painted, and he wants to paint before replacing the mirror.  This weekend......

After painting, the mirror will need to be installed.  This weekend......

He cleaned up the mirror shrouds with bathtub cleaner which left the floor rather slick.  I worry about walking on this slippery surface with stitches in my tummy so the floor needs to be scrubbed to removed the tub cleaner.  This weekend.......

Our dog got sick on the carpeting after eating something she shouldn't have.  Why she couldn't get sick in the 75% of the house WITHOUT carpet is puzzling.  I don't like where the bed is in the spare bedroom, so the carpet needs to be shampooed before the bed is moved.  This weekend.....

Our dog kind of "lives" in the downstairs bedroom.  The sheets and bedding need to be washed to removed most of the dog hair.  This weekend.....

While paint and carpet is drying, I need to get everything ready for a sub for eight weeks.  This weekend....

After a wonderful warm summer, we have had a very wet fall.  It should be raining all weekend, so it will make inside chores easier.  This weekennd.....

I guess I need to get off the computer, shower, and get moving because it is looking to be busy.  This weekend......


2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Good luck with everything...that's quite a list...

FiberJewels said...

We got most of it done, many items got added to the list. I feel much better about being laid up for 4 to 8 weeks.