Despite almost zero posts related to knitting this summer, I have been busy! Beside the dish cloths, this summer I worked on my Lucy Cardigan.
All that is left is the sleeves. It has been a joy to knit, a lot of mindless knitting and has seen many evenings around the campfire! Trying to decide if I want to knit the sleeves two-at-a-time, or individually.
I have also been working on Birch Leaf Shawl.
I was ready to rip it out and give away the lace weight yarn, but switched to from wood to acrylic needles and it's been smooth sailing ahead.
Next on the needles are Lucy Anklet Socks.
They are being knit one at a time on DPN's -- something I rarely do.
I do not recall why I decided to do this pair this way. I had planned to knit these while waiting for medical appointments and the like, but I don't want to haul around the book with the pattern, and the yarn is a tad itchy. They will make nice fall socks, if they aren't as itchy to wear as they are to knit!
Recently added to the sticks are my Black Dalekanium socks.
My last day of work before I took off for my medical leave, I wore black slacks and realized I didn't have any hand knit black socks. Had planned to do toe up, two-at-a-time, plane-Jane socks. After completing the toe, I decided to add just a little pizazz with the Dalekanium pattern. Many years ago, I started knitting the River Rapids pattern with this yarn, but the stitch pattern was lost in the dark yarn.
While I am recovering from surgery, I also plan to cast on and complete at least one Christmas present.