Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Some WIPs and New Stash


Work has continued on my niece's cowl.  It is over 3 feet long.  I have about 20 grams left to knit, and each pattern repeat is using about 5 grams.  I should be done in another day or two.  The removable stitch markers are placed daily so I can see the progress.  Sometimes when knitting a project like this I feel like I am knitting and knitting and not seeing any progress.  It has been fun each morning to seeing how much I knit the previous day.

Last night my husband and I watched a movie and I am finding the cowl is not "mindless knitting" so I pulled out the Lucy Anklets Sock I've been working on dpn one at a time.  I usually do two at a time with the magic loop method.


I am enjoying see the quicker progress and the dpns are nice.  I am not overly impressed with the yarn; it isn't scratchy, but neither is it super soft and yummy like the malabrigo sock yarn.  I will knit other one, wear the socks and see how the yarn wears.  


Speaking of malabrigo sock yarn.  I picked up the above three lovely hanks/skeins after a doctor's appointment.  

No comments: