Thursday, March 20, 2014

Maybe an answer

Last summer, as you all may remember, I attempted to get in shape.

I didn't.

I found out I had uterine fibroids, had a hysterectomy, climbed back on the Weight Watchers wagon, and continued trying to drop weight and get in shape.

Weight STILL didn't come off.

Recenlty I found myfitnesspal.com and FitBit, and finally the weight is coming off.  I am surprised at how little calories I am eating compaired to how many I burn.

Twice since my hysterectomy I have gotten drunk on two drinks.  First time, I blamed my husband for making the drinks too stiff.  The second time, I was making the drinks and used a shot glass.  Two shots of alcohol, over the period of a couple hours should not leave me THAT drunk!

I went from stone-cold-sober to pig-drunk in a matter of minutes.  So drunk I don't remember much of the evening and was left with a mild hang over in the next day.  On TWO drinks!

My coworkers were joking about this yesterday when one of them told me that didn't sound right and to get my thyroid checked.  

As soon as I got home from work, I researched the issue.  There appears to  be a link between uterine fibroids and hyptothyroidism.  

The list of possible symptoms of hypothroidism contains several of the issues I have attributed to my hysterectomy.

I guess I am calling my doctor today.

No comments: