Wednesday, October 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I guess the thing to do as a knitting blogger is post a list of projects on the sticks on Wednesday.  So, here I go:

Holey Cruise Shawl - I added the crocheted border and need to block it.  It still isn't working for me.  It is about the size of a receiving blanket and that's what I feel like I have tossed over my shoulders.  It needs to be blocked.


Pastel Dalekanium -After posting a picture of a pair of hand knit socks on my FaceBook page, I had several family members ask for their own socks.  One of my sister-in-laws recently had surgery to have cancer removed (today happens to be her birthday), so these will become her socks.  Turned the heels last night so I'm on the home stretch.  I have knit several socks from this pattern.


Darn Good Shawl - This is a "kit" from Darn Good Yarns.  The two skeins were not of the same color.  I was switching skeins randomly, but the color change was noticeable (as it is in this picture). I am carrying the yarn and switching every other row.

Lucy - As I was taking pictures of my current WIP's I realized I had a UFO shoved in a basket in a back closet.  I started her in May of 2013, and when I was off for almost 2 months after my hysterectomy, I got her pretty much done.  I attempted to knit the sleeves two-at-a-time and ended with a knotted mess.  Today I dug her out; it's time to give her those sleeves.


When my mom moved out, her dress making dummy needed a new home.  She's a good spot to try on my knitted items.  I am about 25 pounds heavier than I was when I began knit to knit her. It will be interesting how it fits when it's done.

No comments: