Monday, April 25, 2016

Saturday I Dyed!


Denise Morrison from Fiber N' Ice in Big Lake, Alaska, had her first of the summer "dye day".  There were about ten of us, it was a blast and I can't wait to return for another day.  I used to dye yarn when I lived in Minnesota, but here in Alaska, I just don't have the space to do this fun activity!
I started with this lovely Willamette Sock Merino.
She had them in long skeins to they could be dyed to self-stripe.
Dye applied.
This was then wrapped up and placed in the microwave for 7 minutes.
Out of the microwave
It was a hot mess to get out of the melted plastic!

My lovely at home.
Getting the long, 30 foot (+/-) skein into a ball was another mess.
My husband is great and helped me while I wound the yarn into a hand by ball, then on the ball winder! I am thinking Dalekanium socks, but this is subject to change!
I usually knit Magic Loop Method, but enjoyed knitting with my Dreamz Double Pointed 5-inch Knitting Needle Set; I might have to order another set to knit two at a time with them!
I also dyed this lovely sparkly yarn.

While waiting for my freshly dyed yarn to dry, I spun this.
Decay on Oatmeal BFL.

No comments: