Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Must. Step. Away.

My attempt at charting Falling Leaves Lace Shawl with Stitch Fiddle
LOVE Stitch Fiddle!
Sometimes perfectionism and knitting are evil partners!

I attempted charting the pattern for Falling Leaves Lace Shawl (which is causing me great difficulty - as shared in this post) on graph paper with no success.

I googled "charting knitting patterns" and found Stitch Fiddle where you can create knitting charts.

I have continued to fiddle with this pattern.

Fiddle & fiddle & fiddle & fiddle.

I have a million and one things to do before I leave with the Senior Center tomorrow on a three-day trip to Chena Hot Springs and North Pole, Alaska.

Important things.

Paying Bills.

Making Appointments.

Working on freelance projects that will net me actual income.

Important items to be snail-mailed.

Getting the house "guest presentable"
(we have friends that will be arriving from out of state before I get home Friday)!

Pack clothes -- which reminds me, I need to wash some clothes!

Yet, here I sit, fiddling with this #&@* pattern and sharing the pain with you!

Yep, sometimes being a perfectionist and a knitter is pure hell and NOT a good mix!

Damn that OCD!

The shawl mocks me from my coffee table every time I walk through our living room.

The add for this particular kit from Darn Good Yarns keeps popping up!

Anyone have a clue how to chart a shift of pattern 5 stitches?????

Additional Notes:

I contacted the designer, who stated I should be able to get the correct copy from whom every I purchased the pattern from, but she would send me the most recent version of  the pattern.

I sent an email to Darn Good Yarns - awaiting a reply from them.

No comments: