Monday, August 29, 2016

Weekend Rewind

North Fork, Eagle River
This fork makes Eagle River look like a small and gentle river; it isn't!
Saturday was the 24th anniversary of my 29th birthday (I'll wait while you do the math).

Geocache containers to be hidden.
I wanted to hide a couple of geocaches, and find at least one, so after an excellent breakfast of homemade Eggs Benedict (I make the hollandaise sauce from scratch, while my husband makes the rest) we headed out.
Yellow Rock
Mile 3, Eagle River Road
When we moved to Eagle River, Alaska, almost 50 years ago, there were few street signs and no house numbers!  Directions were given with mile markers and landmarks.  We lived "left, one road past the Yellow Rock, second house on the right." I wanted to give honor to some of these landmarks with Geocaches.  Yellow Rock received a geocache as well as another one close to our current house.

Lots of rain since the middle of July has left us with
a profusion of mushrooms.
After a failed attempt at finding a geocache close to the Yellow Rock, we headed to Anchorage for lunch.

Sunday we had record setting temps.  In the middle of July we were having a very hot dry summer, and then it started to rain, and rain, and rain!  Lawn mowing has been between rain showers, often with wet grass.  After six weeks of dreary, cool, rainy days, the warmth felt like an Indian Summer.

Girls Best Friend Anklets
While my husband mowed the lawn, I cleaned the house and then we relaxed on our front porch and I squeezed in some knitting (which is why most of you are here).

Have a great and blessed week!




No comments: