Sunday, December 9, 2012

Test Knitting Snag


Test knitting is harder than I imagined.

You really SHOULD follow the pattern. How is one to find errors if they make up things as they go (which is often how I knit)?

Knitting a pair of socks and don't like the CO and toe increase? No problem when you are knitting for yourself. BUT, when testing a pattern, you have to follow the directions.

I kind of forgot this and when I read part of the pattern that wasn't working for me, I continued on as I thought it should be. Then I remembered, "I am testing this pattern" and I shouldn't do that.

So a post to the designer, set the gloves to the side and now I wait for a reply.

In the mean time, I have picked up my socks.

I really should be knitting on the Every Way Wrap if I am to finish it before the end of the year.

I keep telling myself I will knit it and finish is over Winter/Christmas break. BUT, if I am honest, I know that won't happen.

I need to discipline myself if I am ever to finish that wrap!




No comments: