Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Newest Obsession


I am hooked!  Our school has access to Iditarod Insider where we can log in and see exactly where the mushers are.  See their speed, when they take breaks, just about everything.

I tracked down our musher's web site and sent an email wishing the musher "good luck" and have received an email back from his partner (wife/girlfriend).

My 4th and 5th grade reading students check the progress first thing as they arrive, and again before they head back to class.


This musher, with bib number 8, is Newton Marshall from Jamaica.  How does one train for the Iditarod in Jamaica?  This is his 3rd go at the Iditarod, he completed his first year, and scratched his second year.

I have gotten no knitting completed as my "free time" has been spent on Iditarod.  Be careful you don't get bitten by the Iditarod bug!!!!

I still have yet to share with you pictures we took of the snow sculptures!

No comments: