Saturday, September 27, 2008

Combining Patterns

I have not yet heard from KnitPicks - I will phone them Tuesday if no email shows up over by the end of the day Monday in regards to the needle tip that broke Thursday.


I have begun the socks with Lorna's Laces Edgewater colorway yarn. I am going to attempt to combine patterns for the first time! I love the River Rapid Socks from SockBug, but I loving doing toe up socks (I can knit the socks as tall as I want them, either ending when the socks are tall enough, or when I'm running out of yarn). I am using the KnitPicks magic loop, toe up two at a time pattern, and attempting the lace pattern from the River Rapid Socks. I just started the lace pattern, so not much can be seen yet, but there is one of the socks. The flash makes the colors far brighter than they are.

I've spent the morning doing some of my bead work and have 6 or 7 items to list in my shop - I think the rest of my time in my shop will be catching up on work I brought home this weekend. It is overcast and raining so I'm not sure if we will be going up to the hunting shack working with Abby.

I learned one of our new teachers is a knitter and does "yarn road trips." Friday she brought in a bunch of her knitting for a little show and tell. She has grand-babies and I made me wish I had some too, but I'll be more than happy to wait for our son to finish high school and college!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: