Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Don't Forget to be Awesome!


I love Grant Proposal Writing. I love the research that goes with it. I love playing with words. Persuading people to fund projects of the nonprofits I work with.

We (husband and I) decided that if I can't make at least what I earn working half-time as a teacher, I'll go back to the classroom.  It has become apparent that it will be a long time before I get to that point with my business, so I will be returning to the classroom next school year.

I live in a different district than I work, so have decided I'll simply "put my name on the sub list" to sub at some of the schools near my home and avoid the 30+ minute drive to "my district."

RIGHT!

The two districts have very different methods of hiring a sub.  I am applying for a teaching position, that just happens to be to substitute teach!

I'm digging out transcripts, requesting letters of references, writing out my philosophy of teaching, my stand on diversity, the list goes on!

I'm having "back to school" nightmares dreams.

This morning, I am enjoying my morning tea in my "Don't Forget to be Awesome" cup and my new matching teapot, and maybe avoiding the whole application process!

Now if I could only find my student teaching information from 100 years ago!

No comments: