Sunday, January 20, 2013

One More Load.....

It was so easy for my Honey to move out of his condo, he had a deadline to be out of the house and everything came with him.

It has been harder for me as I have lived with my mom and our belongings have become co-mingled.  Add that I don't have  "deadline" for when EVERYTHING has to be out, and there is no rush, no hurry, I'll get it done when I get it done........ The "deadlines" I have set are personal, no one is going to take my stuff if I don't meet them!

Every week or so, I go over to her house to visit with her and to pack up what remains of my belongings.  Sometimes she has so much for me to do, I run out of time and need to return home without looking at my things, like the time her laptop crashed and I spent two hours updating software and her virus protection.

When I do get to packing, after filling the boxes I have, I will look around at what still needs to be boxed up and hauled home and believe what is left is only one more load.

I return for that "one last load" pack up items, load up my car, I will look around at what still needs to be boxed up and hauled home and believe what is left is only one more load.

Again, I return for that "one last load" pack up items, load up my car, I will look around at what still needs to be boxed up and hauled home and believe what is left is only one more load.

I am beginning to feel like I'm in some sort of Groundhog Day movie for moving, the only thing missing is the alarm going off to the sound of Sonny and Cher singing "I Got You Babe"!

No more ventures of how many more loads I have.  It is what it is and every load is one less I have to haul home!

Yesterday was another day of packing and hauling.  Have you ever noticed, when you move, the last boxes end up being a mish-mash of things.  Items you don't know what to do with.  Not trash, but not treasures either?  Things you don't really want, but also don't want to throw or give away?

The "Other side," usually out of the camera's view.  This area will eventually have a sleeper sofa, but for now, it holds my crafting stuff and other boxes of items awaiting a place to call home!
Everything that has a place has been put away, the rest is on the other side of my office/craft/guest bedroom.

Most of the items along the wall will go in a storage area off our bedroom.  All my beading is mobile, so when I bead I can roll it out and work on items.  It looks much better, much more organized in the picture.

Today, my Honey is going through those "last boxes" he packed, with the mish-mash of belongings he has left in our garage.  Things he doesn't want to throw away, but also doesn't really know what to do with them.

We have Monday off and are going to go shopping for a sleeper couch for my office/craft/guest room.

No comments: